2013-11-06

YES ROME!!!!

 
Montag  we picked up Matt's parents(Paula and Nev) and went to Austria for the day touring around showing them some sights.  We went up to the top of a hill and there was a Kapelle which is a small church where you can go to pray without any distractions. Here we could see to Rosenheim, Bad Aibling  and many other cities and small villages.  After this spectacular sight we drove through the mountains to the most amazing cluster of waterfalls.  It was one of the best views I've ever had in my life, it was amazing.

Tuesday was Austria again but just Georg, Matt and I went by train to Kufstein.  We went to Festung Kufstein which translates to Kufstein Fortress.  This was a beautiful old castle remarkably well preserved and we spent a better half of our day there looking at all the information and pictures.
In the last room we looked at we saw the largest movable organ in all of Europe it was breathtaking.



 Wednesday was nice relaxed day, because we had Paula and Nev West come to Kathi's for coffee and cake.  We introduced them to her family. It was nice and also a good test to see if I had gotten better at translating from German to English.

Thursday we went for a bike ride to Koblermoor and went to the Eisdiele (Ice-creamery), I know first time someone said ice-creamery in German I felt a little uncomfortable. We then cycled along the river to Bad Aibling and then I got picked up from Georg's house to get ready for Wok Paradies, a Japanese restaurant where you can choose your food and watch them cook it.

Friday was Rome I had no idea about what all the sights would look like right up close. We had that day to unpack and get well acquainted with our surroundings and go have a look at all the little wonders of Rome that were in our vicinity.

Saturday was when we went to the Vatican and I was speechless when I entered St. Paul's Cathedral, it was amazing. We were on a guided tour so we could walk straight past the 1 kilometre line and enter with ease. After the Vatican we headed to the hotel for a little sleep and woke up just in time for dinner.

Sunday was hands down my favourite day overall.  We went to the Colosseum and that was amazing, it was the one thing I was so passionate about seeing. We took some photos and then continued on through the lower levels where they had a small museum of relics and artefacts.

 This week was so amazing I am sad to say good bye to Rome.

Bis Später Josh





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen