2013-10-22

Hallo all,



This week was just as much fun as it was practice for my German skills.This week it really hit me that is up to me to get better at my German and it also pays of in the end. School was really good this week I was able to my use English to help the others prepare for an exam but lucky for them it was postponed.

On Tuesday we had our classes Wandertag which is like a class excursion to something they all vote on.
We went to the bowling alley in Mitraching which is also home to an old American Airforce base. This was an awesome day out and I found out that I have no future career in bowling what so ever.

On Thursday we had a project day were all of the kids sign up for one of the offerd activities. I chose to go into the activity where we learnt about the amount of mobile telephones recycled every year. It was astonishing the amount of Electronic waste recycled or put into landfill.

Friday was a real highlight we had school and that was awesome but the band practice was cancelled which is a pitty because I really enjoy jamming with all the other students. After school we went to the Bavarian dance gathering where all the groups of dancers in our area come have dinner and show off there skills. This was a true embrace of the Bavarian culture and I even learnt how to do a bit of it myself.

Saturday was a real lazy day slept in had breakfast then went to Ikea which was more fun than it sounds it is twice as big as it is in Australia.

Sunday was a day I had been craving since the day I flew in.My host family took me to Wendelstein.
Wendelstein is a mountain around the same height as Mt Hotham, in the middle of the Bavarian mountains. It is has one of the greatest views I have ever experienced and a top its peak is a weather sation and all the radio receptors. We went also inside the mountain to the Wendelstein caves which go strait into the side of the mountain these were also awesome.At one end of the caves was a sudden stop where they had put all of the information on the caves and at the other end was another cave which went straight out the side of the mountain.
We caught a gondola down with a sight like I had I could stand in the gondola every day.It is also  something else that i can tick of on my list.

Till next week.








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen