2013-10-31

Best week so far

Servus. This week has been as eventful as the last three, if not even more.

Marienplatz
On Monday, Georg and I took the evening train to Munich. Once we got there we walked to the Hilton Hotel, where my parents were staying while in Munich. We went out for dinner and since it was quite late we went back to the hotel. My parents had been travelling all day, so they went to bed. Georg and I went out for a walk around the area near the hotel and then went back and went to bed as well. The next day we went on a Bus tour around Munich, which went to the Olympia Park, BMW Welt and other parts of Munich. We got off the Bus at the Marienplatz and watched the Glockenspiel. We said Goodbye to my parents and chilled around the Marienplatz and then caught the train to the Hauptbahnhof and then went back to Großkarolinenfeld.

Friday I went to Ice Hockey in Rosenheim. It was Rosenheim vs Landshut. The arena was packed with people, mainly Rosenheim fans. The game was awesome, both teams played well although there were many penalties for each team. Rosenheim won, 4-3, which put them on top of the ladder. After the Ice Hockey, Georg and Michi went home and I went to stay with Benedikt, my exchange partner from last year.

On Saturday I went to Kampenwand, in the mountains in Bavaria. We went with friends from Georg's family and they have an exchange student from Britain staying with them. We talked about the differences from our own countries and what experiences we had so far. We took the Gondola up the mountain and then walked back down after we had lunch. The views were epic and it was Sunny and warm-ish which made it all the better.


Panorama on the Kampenwand
On Sunday I went with Georg and his family to a village near Rosenheim. We watched a parade, the parade was full of decorated horses and wagons. I had never seen anything like it and it was great to see all the horses, wagons and everyone dressed in traditional clothing. Later that afternoon Josh, Kathi, Gerog, Lisi (Georg's mum) and I went to Therme Erding. A massive thermal water park, which consists of slides, pools, spas, saunas and everything thermal. Once there we went into Galaxy and on some of the craziest slides out there. My favourite was the 'Kamikaze' which is almost a vertical slide that allows you to slide super fast, but it's not very long and is over in less than 10 seconds. But the adrenaline is the best. After spending 4 hours there we left and went back to Großkarolinenfeld.

This week I've found my German (and Bavarian) getting heaps better and I'm finding it much easier to speak it, which is really good.

This week has been one of the best so far, if not the best...but only so far.

Till next week,

 Da Hias (Matt)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen