2013-12-15

Tschau Deutschland


My last week in Deutschland was a fine one t say the least. I had an amazing time here in Bavaria learning German experiencing the culture and realising the unlimited opportunities that learning a language can create.

On Thursday Georg, Kathi, Matt and myself went to the Rosenheim Christkindlmarkt where I met up with Florian my exchange partner for 2014. We looked at all the little stalls that were selling the Christmas decorations and hand crafted ornaments and it was really nice to see how much culture is associated with Christmas in Germany compared to Australia.

Friday was the day that Herr Lehrer had set aside for Matt and I to go into some of the English classes and help them out with their projects and just answer any of the questions they had.

Saturday Georg's Uncle took Matt, Georg, Kati and I skiing in Sudelfeld were we enjoyed an amount of powder I had never experienced in Australia. I was a little nervous due to the terrain being steeper and my leg but my nerves soon went away when I just let those worries go.

Sunday was a nice day we went to a small Christkindlmarkt in the town hall in Grosskarolinenfeld it was not as vast as the Rosenheim Christkindlmarkt but it was just as cultural. We then went from there to Kathi's house for coffee and cake.

Wednesday the last day of school  for us was very nice the class threw us a Party to say goodbye and that I will see many of them next year.

This exchange was an opportunity to not only see the world but to improve my skills and make friends who have welcomed me into their homes and helped me see the Country with the eyes of the locals. Knowing were the best views are, the best walks and the best places to go.

The thing that living in Germany gave me was the ability to have confidence with my German speaking before the scholarship I couldn't speak in classroom simulations let alone in real situations.

Ich möchte sagen, Danke zu meine Gastfamilie und zu meine 2 Austausch und meine Tauschpartner Kathi Schwaiger und zu Georg Baumann.

Meine zeit in Deutschland war unglaublich weil es war eine der besten Erfahrungen meines Lebens.

Danke
Josh

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen